Tiny Ornate Mirror
Exceptional, tiny, hand-carved mirror. New England. Painted pine.
One can discern that it is hand carved in a couple of ways:
- the entire case is slightly concave,
- the bottom ornament is not centered,
- the top is actually not centered.
- there are three square-head nails on each side and two at the top and bottom, and
- on the bottom corners one can barely see the very slightest, barely discernible hairline opening at each corner suggesting it had been pried open a bit to insert the new plate.
The size is as follows:
Mirror size - 2" X 3"' rectangular portion of frame: 2 5/8" X 3 7/8" length from top to tip: 6"